With a jaw-dropping view of the Los Cabos landscape and a beautiful beachfront, the One&Only Palmilla welcomes you to the Mexican sunshine. Wake up to the sound of waves gently caressing the shore of the golden beach, wander through the sculpted jungle of the resort and start your day with a poolside brunch. As the temperatures go up, take part in one of the several water activities or relax in the shadow of your private cabana. After an exquisite dinner at one of the resort’s restaurants, it is time to cling your margarita glasses as the sky turns into a composition of bright red, pink and hues of orange.
What makes the One&Only Palmilla unique compared to other resorts in Los Cabos?
Play in crystal waters, that the famous author and researcher Jacques Cousteau once called the ‘world’s aquarium’, and get enchanted by the warmth of Mexican hospitality. Located at the edge of the Baja California Peninsula, which parts the Gulf of California from the Pacific Ocean, the resorts rewards its guests with a picturesque view of golden beaches, breathtaking cliffs, and an azure ocean. Situated among stunning geography, the resort and the surrounding land has a rich history. First built in 1959, as a secluded hideaway and deep-sea fishing base, the One&Only Palmilla attracted Hollywood legends like John Wayne, Lucille Ball, and even the former United States President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- The One&Only Palmilla is situated on a 250 acres property
- daily flights into Los Cabos International Airport (SJD) from most major US airports
- transfer from SJD airport to the resort is only 20 minutes
- flights from Los Angeles (LAX) are only 2 hours and 20 minutes
What is special?
- with its close proximity to one of the best fishing spots in the Sea of Cortez, the One&Only Palmilla is the perfect spot for any deep-sea fishing expedition
- the resort makes you feel like entering an oasis of pure bliss as the 360 panoramic views of turquoise waters, palm trees, and the mountainous desert will mesmerize you
- getting out of bed early is worth it as you will be rewarded by a beautiful sunset at Pelican Beach, the pristine white beach strip below the resort
What do the guests say?
- guest loved the prime location so much that they have already booked their second and third trip to the One&Only Palmilla
- the setting between hundreds of palm trees and tropical foliage is rare for the area and was highly appreciated by all vacationers
- travelers were impressed by the beautiful attached swimmable beach, as not many hotels in Los Cabos offer this to their guests
What can I expect from my room? How will my stay turn into an unforgettable vacation?
Inspired by the “Haciendas”, the traditional estates of the Spanish Empire, all rooms and villas will make you feel like royalty. Designed with the highest comfort in mind, each room features floor to ceiling windows, luxurious details and elegant finishings throughout the private space. Situated high enough to have a panoramic view of the shoreline, the elevated rooms of the One&Only Palmilla allow the guests to get swept away by the dazzling Los Cabos sunrise over the Sea of Cortez and to fully surrender to pure bliss.
- 172 rooms, suites and exclusive beachfront villas
- villas have a sunken fire pit with built-in seating
- every suite and villa features a refreshment area with a popcorn maker
- bathrooms were built with a sculpted bathtub and rain shower
- each villa features a private infinity horizon pool with relaxing sundeck
What is special?
- don’t worry about unpacking and go straight to enjoying your stay in Mexico as your butler will take care of your luggage and will set up everything in your room for you
- for ultimate privacy and breathtaking pool views opt for a suite that features a spacious sun terrace and private plunge pool
- connect with the spirit of the Baja area as you lay down on your sunbed to marvel in the panoramic view of golden sand and high cliffs blending into the calm Sea of Cortez from your private terrace
What do the guests say?
- travelers were so in love with the obliging and very friendly butler that they wanted to take him home
- the oceanfront room impressed with its unique layout between palm trees and its spectacular views
- guests appreciated all the little touches around their suite, such as burning incense in their bathroom, which made them relax instantly and felt like being in a luxurious spa
Pools & Spa
How can I unwind after an adventurous day at the beach? Where can I get a glimpse into ancient Mayan healing?
Every little detail at the One&Only Palmilla was designed with deep relaxation in mind to make your stay a truly serene experience. As you wander through the peaceful resort garden, take in the calming nature, refresh in the infinity pool and pass by the designated yoga garden, where relaxing yoga sessions will help you recenter. The smiling faces of their knowledgeable therapists will greet you as you arrive at the renowned One&Only Spa, one of Mexico’s best spa addresses, and treat yourself to one (or several) exceptional treatments.
- spacious infinity pool overlooking the Sea of Cortez
- the well-known podiatrist Bastien Gonzalez will take care of your hand and feet
- Barber and Blade, the resort’s grooming studio, offers exclusive treatments for male guests
- all spa treatments are based on traditional Mayan recipes using natural products such as indigenous herbs, medicines, and holistic approaches
What is special?
- the Mindful Ritual combines a deep massage combined with visualization and guided breathing techniques to soothe mind, body, and soul
- ease your sore muscles after a full day of surfing or golfing and treat yourself to the Surfers & Golfers Relief Treatment, featuring pleasant stretching techniques and the innovative G-5 machine which helps to relieve pain
- a consultation with the resident healer and shaman Raúl Retana will balance your energy center while the following ancient Mayan medicine secrets will heal you inside and out
What do the guests say?
- visitors called the One&Only Palmilla Spa “a true sanctuary” after their treatment
- guest loved the attentive pool staff, which provides guests with comfortable lounge chair pillows and alerts them as soon as whales are spotted in the ocean
- families appreciated the “kids only” play area with the fun pool for young vacationers
What is the must-try dish at the One&Only Palmilla? Will I be able to taste authentic Mexican recipes?
During your stay, you will certainly not be short of options, as the One&Only Palmilla offers you numerous elegant and also laid-back venues with a variety of cuisines. Jean-Georges Vongerichten, the Michelin-starred chef, welcomes you at SEARED and presents his excellent signature steak and seafood creations. If you are more in the mood for Sushi or ceviche, pay a visit to Suviche, the restaurant with exotic ambiance and picturesque views. Alternatively, choose from the decadent Mexiterranean menu at Agua by Labri and dine outside to enjoy the warmth of the evening sun. The freshly shaken margaritas from Head Mixologist Philippe Zaigue, made with exclusive local tequila, are the only appropriate way to end your night.
- 7 restaurant venues to choose from
- Breeze offers the perfect laid-back setting for light meals, lunches or breakfast
- at Pelican Beach Grill you can taste seafood and casual cocktails right on the beach
What is special?
- try one of the signature cocktails or the best international spirits at the Agua Bar while the hot rhythm of live music will invite you to dance the night away
- replenish your body with a delicious lunch at the Vista Bar and dine al fresco right by the pool
- taste the flavors of Mexico at Agua by Larbi where the culinary genius Larbi Dahrouch serves one of a kind Mexican farm-to-table dishes
What do the guests say?
- guests loved the food choices at the One&Only Palmilla and appreciated the excellent breakfast buffet by the pool
- the menus at the resort were called “the best food in Cabo” by travelers and Mexico fans
- foodies recommend trying the signature seafood dishes such as the seafood paella and the grilled snapper
- all vacationers were mesmerized by the view and atmosphere at the Agua Bar
How can I enjoy the Mexican way of life? What kind of activities and excursions does the resort offer?
With a breathtaking beach right in front of the resort, the One&Only Palmilla presents its guests many entertainment options on the water. Whether you enjoy water sports such as kayaking and stand up paddle boarding along the pristine Baja coastline or rather observe the marine wildlife – the turquoise ocean offers activities for anyone. Don’t forget to go outside of the resort to explore the astonishing landscape and take the zip-line to glide through the greenery with a rush of adrenaline. Horseback excursions or mountain bike rides allow you to go off the beaten path to fully immerse yourself in the charm of Los Cabos.
- watersports include surfing, parasailing, paddle boarding and kayaking
- fitness center with Technogym® equipment and personal training option
- hotel sports include a 27-hole golf course, tennis and basketball courts
- water excursions include sports fishing with captain and crew, diving trips, whale watching expeditions, and private yacht or sailing cruises
- the resort offers experiences such as Mexican cooking classes and tequila tastings with a mixologist
What is special?
- experience the majestic whales in their natural habitat during a whale watching expedition as the giant mammals move through the turquoise water of the Baja peninsula during their migration
- go on a Jeep adventure with a knowledgeable guide and enjoy a ride through the UNESCO biosphere reserve Sierra de la Laguna while getting mesmerized by the lush flora, jaw-dropping scenery and deep canyons
- awaken your inner art critic and go on the famous “Art Walk” through San Jose del Cabo, where you discover the colorful street art, visit different art galleries and have the opportunity to meet the artists
What do the guests say?
- even experienced golfers were impressed by the fabulous 27-hole golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus and the knowledgeable golf instructors
- special activities to honor the seasons and holidays were loved by all vacationers, especially the Easter activities with a carrot shaped piñata and the Easter games were enjoyed by little travelers
- couples appreciated the on-site chapel for an intimate wedding ceremony or renewing their vows in front of a stunning backdrop
Ready to pack your bags?
Find out more about One&Only Palmilla...
- Take a look at:
- Take a look at: The 50 Best Wedding Venue Hotels
- See all our luxury hotels in Mexico
- Visit the official website of One&Only Palmilla
One&Only Palmilla sits on 55 acres and offers 174 guest rooms, including its signature four-bedroom Villa Cortez, where celebrities like Jennifer Aniston have overnighted in the more than 10,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor space.Can you swim in the ocean at the One and Only Palmilla? ›
3. One&Only Palmilla. Take in the stunning Mexican landscape at One&Only Palmilla – a 5-star resort located on one of the only swimmable beaches in the area.Who owns the one and only hotel chain? ›
Philippe Zuber is Chief Executive Officer for Kerzner International, the owner of the iconic Atlantis Resort and Residences and ultra-luxury One&Only Resorts brands worldwide.How many hotels in the world are one and only? ›
How many One&Only are there in the world? Currently, there are 12 One&Only hotels and resorts around the world in 10 countries. There are 2 countries with 2 properties each: the U.A.E. and Rwanda.Where do Kardashians stay in Cabo? ›
Words have it that the Kardashians stay in Las Ventanas Al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, while in Cabo. The resort is located on the desert coastline of Los Cabos where the sea and the sun converge. Las Ventanas Al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort redefines pleasure with services and attention beyond comparison.Why are Cabo beaches not swimmable? ›
Because there are a number of places around Cabo where strong undertows, unpredictable tides, and hardy waves make for less than ideal swimming conditions, these places have been red flagged around the community as the Cabo San Lucas beaches you wouldn't want to visit if you're looking to frolic in the water.When should you not go to Cabo San Lucas? ›
Because summers are associated with being brutally warm, many don't plan to travel to Cabo between June and August even though the temperatures remain around 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Summer and fall also span hurricane season, which turns many travelers off from those dates.Why can't you swim in the ocean at Fraser Island? ›
As tempting as it may be, swimming in the sea on Fraser Island is off the cards as it's too dangerous. Powerful currents and sharks are just a few of the risks that make it unsafe. The only sea swimming you can do is in Champagne Pools, a set of natural pools made from volcanic rock.What is the richest hotel chain? ›
Not only was he just nominated for five Grammy awards, but he's known as a savvy businessman. Jay-Z already has the successful Chelsea night spot 40/40 Club. And he's building on the buzz by opening a Las Vegas outpost of the club at the new Palazzo portion of the Venetian on Dec.
#1 Marriott International Inc.
Marriott International is a global C-corp company engaged in the management, franchising, and licensing of hotel, residential, and timeshare properties under numerous brand names.
Burj Al Arab Dubai
It's dubbed the world's only official 7-star hotel, so naturally, it's the first place you want to book if you're looking to be blown away by over-the-top luxury. The sail-inspired architectural design is the first thing that catches your eye.
A seven-storey Tower, Marina Rise, is the central attraction, consisting of 91 rooms and suites along the waterfront, with expansive views of Table Mountain and Robben Island.What is the best hotel in the whole world? ›
1 in the world: Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco, in Italy's iconic Tuscan countryside, is 2022's best hotel.What resort does Kristin Cavallari stay at in Cabo? ›
Le Blanc Spa Resort ($660+/night): Reality stars like Kristin Cavallari & her ex Jay Cutler, plus all kinds of Real Housewives prefer to stay at this refined, adults-only all-inclusive resort that has seven restaurants & five bars to choose from.Where do celebrities go out in Cabo? ›
- Cabo Wabo Cantina. You can say that this nightclub and restaurant is THE nightlife hotspot in Cabo San Lucas. ...
- The Spa At Las Ventanas. ...
- Agua. ...
- El Dorado Golf & Beach Club. ...
- Cocina de Autor. ...
- Medano Beach. ...
- Lover's Beach (Playa del Amor)
Anyone who's ever scanned People magazine knows celebs love Los Cabos, Mexico for its luxury seaside resorts and proximity to Hollywood. Home to plush villas and a rare private beach, Esperanza, an Auberge Resort is one of the five-star resorts most frequented by the famous.How much do you tip a Cabo private driver? ›
Tipping taxi drivers is necessary only if the driver helps with your bags; $1-3 should be enough, depending on the extent of the help. However, If you have hired a driver for throughout your trip, a tip of $3-$5 per day is appropriate.What cartel owns Los Cabos? ›
Tijuana and Ensenada are both controlled by the criminal group known as Los Cabos, which does business for both the Arellano Felix and Sinaloa Cartels.Can an American buy a house in Cabo San Lucas? ›
Baja California Sur is a state in Mexico, and as such there is a process for a foreigner to own land or a home here. There is a lot of misinfomation on this subject but the simple answer to this question is yes you can own property in Mexico with all the rights of a Mexican citizen to buy, hold, sell, lease, and more.
Evoking imagery of a lovers' quarrel with its name, Divorce Beach is so-called for its jagged rocks and the formidable waves of the Pacific Ocean. This rugged locale is the rowdy southern counterpart to adjacent Lover's Beach, which faces the far calmer water of the Gulf of California.What should you not do in Cabo San Lucas? ›
- Not wearing expensive jewelry.
- Not flashing large amounts of cash.
- Not walking around alone at night.
- Not driving alone at night to unfamiliar places.
Los Cabos is cooler and drier, similar to the beautiful weather in Southern California. Cancun is humid and in the Gulf of Mexico, which creates a greater chance of hurricanes and heavy storms. Cabo only has on average 10 rain days per year. For those looking to travel on a budget, Cancun is the way to go.Should I bring pants to Cabo? ›
Shorts are popular casual attire in Cabo but don't forget to pack a pair of long pants. On those cool evenings when you're dining al fresco on a rooftop or taking a moonlit walk on the beach, long pants will come in handy.Where should I not stay in Cabo? ›
Los Cangrejos and Las Palmas Are The Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Cabo San Lucas. As far as Cabo San Lucas goes its two most dangerous neighborhoods are quite near each other.Do you need Mexican money in Cabo? ›
Although Mexico's national currency is the Peso, Cabo San Lucas and other places in Los Cabos will accept U.S. dollars (USD) for convenience. Popular tourist areas, as well as shops, restaurants, and other establishments, accept U.S. dollars and major credit cards.Why are there so many sharks at Fraser Island? ›
Sharks Are Regularly Seen In Our waters
The Fraser beaches are full of bait fish and the bait is what brings the sharks into the shore. Although there has never been a fatal shark attack on the island … … if you take the trek up to Indian Head lookout, you can actually see them surfing the waves down below.
Magic returns along with tourists
"The island after the bushfire is beautiful ... the rejuvenation and the colours are incredible," he said. And while 50 per cent of the island had burnt, many breathtaking parts of the island had remained untouched.
Both venomous and non-venomous spiders are also quite common on Fraser Island. Popular examples include the Golden Orb, Redback and the Funnel Web spiders.Who is the richest hotel owner in the world? ›
- Sheldon Adelson. With a net worth of $21.8 billion, Sheldon Adelson is the 12th wealthiest American and the 24th richest man on Earth. ...
- Donald Trump. ...
- William Barron Hilton. ...
- Phillip Ruffin. ...
- Ty Warner.
- Accor Worldwide. Total Number of Rooms: 270,727. ...
- The Blackstone Group. Total Number of Rooms: 131,183. ...
- Westmont Hospitality Group. Total Number of Rooms: 108,041. ...
- Host Hotels & Resorts. Total Number of Rooms: 67,000. ...
- LQ Management. ...
- J.E. ...
- ING Clarion Partners. ...
- Ashford Hospitality Trust.
In Paris, Beyoncé's preferred place to stay is Hotel Le Meurice.Does Jay-Z own a church? ›
Back in 2015, it was reported that Beyoncé and Jay-Z acquired a former Presbyterian church built in 1925 that was turned into a seven-bedroom, eight-bathroom home in New Orleans' Historic Garden District.Where does Beyoncé stay in Jamaica? ›
Geejam Hotel is the “it” spot in Port Antonio. Secluded, where the rainforest meets the sea, luxurious, and home to a music studio, A-list celebs such as Drake, Rihanna, Alicia Keys, Beyoncé and Jay-Z have stayed there.Who is the youngest hotel owner? ›
Ritesh Agarwal was born in a Marwari family in Bissam Cuttack, Odisha, India and brought up in Titilagarh.Do hotel owners make money? ›
Owning a hotel can be profitable if you have the right combination of location, price point, quality of the physical asset, marketing strategy, dedicated employees, and supportive investors and management partners. However, a hotel isn't profitable by default, so you can expect a lot of hard work to generate profit.What is a person who owns a hotel called? ›
A hotelier is a person who runs or owns a hotel. If you stay at a hotel, you may never see the hotelier, who is responsible for hiring and managing staff and keeping things running smoothly.What is the longest running hotel in the world? ›
The Nishiyama Onsen Keiunkan, a Japanese resort not far from Mount Fuji, has been in business since 705 A.D. The hotel has been passed down within the same family for 52 generations. Guinness World Records has officially recognized it as the oldest continuously running hotel in the world.What makes a hotel 4 or 5 star? ›
The difference between a 4 star hotel and 5 star hotel is the level of pampering and personalized staff attention that guests receive during their stay. While both offer on-site dining and activities, 5 star hotels take their experience above and beyond to make their facility something to brag about.What is the biggest hotel chain? ›
Marriott is the largest hotel chain in the world by the number of available rooms. It has 30 brands with 7.642 hotels including 1.423. 044 rooms in 131 countries and territories. Between 2020 and 2021 the number of Marriott International rooms increased from 1.358.
If it sells at that amount, the hillside property, called “The One,” will be the priciest home ever sold in the U.S. “The One” boasts 21 bedrooms, 42 full bathrooms, multiple pools, a nightclub complete with a VIP area, a bowling alley, a 40-seat movie theater, a full-service hair salon, and a 30-plus car garage, among ...What is the most common room in every house? ›
It's the main room in the house — the one where we usually hang out as a family or group of friends. The one we spend most of our time in. I guess because we spend so much time here, there are lots of words for it. The most common words are now “living room” and “sitting room.”
The property includes a 4,000-square-foot guesthouse, a sky deck with cabanas, a private theater, a full-service spa, a nightclub and even an outdoor running track and moat. It has 21 bedrooms and 42 full bathrooms. Amenities include a bowling alley, nightclub and plenty of room for swimming.What is the best room in a hotel called? ›
The most luxurious accommodation in a hotel is often called the presidential suite or royal suite.How much do you tip the bellman? ›
And as a general rule of thumb, the standard tip, per bag, is $1. If you're bellman goes above and beyond (or you want to ensure special attention throughout your stay) consider tipping $5.What is the cleanest hotel in the world? ›
In addition, the survey also analysed performance in specific categories - service, value, cleanliness, rooms and location - and found Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons (pictured) and The Langham Chicago to be the cleanest hotels in the world, according to reviewers, scoring 99.6% a piece under that category.Where does Jennifer Aniston like to vacation? ›
Most of Jennifer's vacations take place in Cabo, Mexico as that seems to be the star's go-to holiday destination. There, she loves to spend her days hanging out by the pool, reading a good book or listening to some relaxing music.Where did the vanderpump rules cast stay in Mexico? ›
Andaz Mayakoba – Playa del Carmen
The Vanderpump Rules cast visited this luxury eco resort in season six (are there really at least six seasons of this show?!).
Britney took to Instagram to talk about the wonderful experience that she had in the Mexican Caribbean. She and Asghari stayed in the presidential suite at the Rosewood Mayakoba hotel. Both Spears, and Asghari shared multiple pictures and videos of the luxury suite through their Instagram accounts.Who owns the one and only Cabo? ›
“It was literally blown apart,” says Alan Leibman, CEO of Kerzner International, owner of One&Only, during an interview at the property in May.
We worked very hard to get that flow right,” she explained in an interview with Architectural Digest. The home, where Aniston lives with her dogs, is spread over 8,500 square feet and boasts four bedrooms, six-and-a-half bathrooms, a wine cellar, a luxurious pool, and a guesthouse.Does Jennifer Aniston have a house in New York? ›
The new house that Aniston shares with Bendelwald spans over 5,295 square feet and is worth USD 10.95 million. It is also only three blocks away from her Friends apartment building!What is Jennifer Aniston net worth? ›
Unlike her co-stars who all have recently purchased homes in San Fernando Valley, Stassi opted to stay local, buying a house perched in the Hollywood Hills, which overlooks the canyons below. While her views are insane, Stassi's got a sprawling home to furnish on the inside — and what an inside it is!Where is Sandoval's house? ›
Tom Sandoval and Ariana Madix have a lush backyard at their $2 million home in Valley Village. One major perk of that yard is a gorgeous pool with a waterfall, which has been at the center of epic pool parties and photo shoots alike.How much is Stassi's house worth? ›
The Vanderpump Rules star, 31, documented their first visit to their Los Angeles home, which E! reports is worth $1.7 million, and showed off the Mediterranean-style property via her Instagram Story. “Pups, pups, we're going to the house,” Schroeder told her two dogs who were in the car with the couple.Where did all Britney's money go? ›
Spears' net worth is estimated to be about $60 million, per Forbes. Most of her assets (over $56 million) are reportedly in the forms of investments and real estate, with just under $3 million in cash.How much did Britney get paid for Vegas residency? ›
Her final performance alone brought in $1.1 million, which is a record for a single theater Las Vegas residency show. Britney was set to start a new Las Vegas residency, "Domination," at a $507,000-a-concert rate. However, she put it on hold due to her father's health issues.Who owns Britney's estate? ›
Spears's father will serve as the sole conservator of the singer's nearly $60 million estate. For 13 years, Ms. Spears has lived under a system that restricts her control over her life and finances.What cartel is in Cabo? ›
|Areas predominantly controlled by the Tijuana Cartel shown in purple|
|Rivals||Sinaloa Cartel Los Cabos (CJNG cell in Baja California) Gulf Cartel Los Palillos (in San Diego/Chula Vista) Juárez Cartel Jalisco New Generation Cartel MS-13 DEA|
One of Cabo's only swimmable beaches, gorgeous seaside pools, elegant spa, and kids' club.